Thank you for showing an interest in becoming a Real World Parents seminar presenter.
Training at the National Youth Workers Convention
Training will take place Thursday prior to the National Youth Workers Convention in:
Thurs 1pm - 6pm
Fri 8:30am - 11:30am
Registration for the entire convention is not required. Learn more about registering for the Real World Parents Training at NYWC.
The Real World Parents seminar…
- is a program that gives hope, vision, encouragement and practical skills for parents to help their families grow in Christ and accomplish his purpose for us on earth.
- is a program that will help your local church dynamically reach out to your community, and strengthen families in your church body.
- is designed to work in the Real World we live in and is not based on artificial or unrealistic spiritual goals.
- starts where you are as a family whether you are continuing a spiritual legacy or beginning one.
- can help your children develop Godly wisdom in their lives.
- can help your family become generous and loving in your community as you share the good news of Christ with others.
Real World Parents is not
- a one size fits all model, but rather a set of biblical principles that can help the family grow together in their identity as followers of Christ.
- a quick fix for deep problems, but the beginning of a path that leads to intimacy with each other as a family and with God.
With more than 200 presenters already trained across various denominational lines, we are excited about being able to provide this program locally in church settings to revive missional living in our families and transform our communities with the power and love of Jesus Christ.
The seminar is broken into three segments
Segment 1 : What Story Are We Living In? This section takes a look at the basic beliefs we have about our children and the world today and how this story impacts the way we parent. We also examine several “weak” strategies Christian parents utilize to navigate the world in contrast with Christ’s message to engage and transform the world.
Segment 2: Changing The Story We Live In. Helps parents identify their families unique opportunities so that their family can live in the story of God. This session includes building unique actionable path for their family to take in the months following the seminar.
Segment 3: Wisdom. Walking in God’s Storyline. Helps parents look at the way God’s wisdom is formed in their children and how they can nurture a heart that follows after God.
Follow Up: Each church that hosts a seminar is also provided with a six week follow up discussion curriculum with video intros that can be used in Sunday school or small groups to further the participation of parents as they apply the principles of the seminar.
Basic info about the presenter program.
Benefit to the presenter:
- Participate in a nationwide campaign of utmost importance to future generations.
- Maximize your wisdom and experience by sharing it with others outside of your immediate faith community.
- Help other youth workers launch long term parenting programs in their churches.
Benefits to the church:
- Build strong families
- Help families reach out to their community, sharing the gospel
- Reposition the youth pastor as a helper to the entire family
- To present a Real World Parents seminar you must attend 1 training event. (see training schedule)
- Training price is $199.
- Training will provide Presenter with all materials needed to present a 3 hour Real World Parents presentation. Materials include audio and transcripts of the presentation, PowerPoint presentation and video clips to play at your presentation, a Presenter Notebook, and marketing materials to promote your seminars.
- Training permits you to conduct the seminar for your church community (additional workbooks for participants are not included in the training fee, but available at a discount.)
- If you would like to be certified to present the seminar for churches other than your own, you will be required to sign a presenter’s agreement and meet the following criteria:
- You are currently employed by a church or non-profit ministry
- You have a minimum of 5 years of full time ministry experience.
- You submit to a background check
- These criteria are guidelines only, if you have unique circumstances please feel free to contact us to discuss them.
Scheduling & Promotion For Those Wanting To Present Beyond Their Local Church
- When you schedule a presentation, you will use our online system to allow you to charge or bill the church. This will also allow us to help promote your Real World Parents seminar date.
- For each Real World Parent seminar $250 is paid to WisdomWorks and covers the seminar license fee, 50 seminar workbooks (additional books can be added for a nominal fee), and the follow up curriculum to be left with the host church. Presenters are free to negotiate any amount with the church above the license fee to cover their time and expenses. This allows for 50 attendees and provides the church 50 Real World Parents Notebooks at $10 each. Additional notebooks can be purchased by presenters online at a discount of $5.
- Resources, Real World Parents Notebooks and books, can be ordered online at a discounted price to sell at your events. You can then sell books at your presentation event at retail price.
- Each church that hosts RWP will receive a follow up curriculum the youth pastor, pastor, or youth leaders can use to engage parents further.